Friday, July 11, 2014

Changes they are a comin' Hometown Collection by Heronim

So. Recently I had the opportunity to meet a wonderful person. Her name is Erika and she is a fellow puzzler from Michigan. She has spent countless hours researching the Hometown Collection puzzles by Heronim. The fruit of her labor is a spreadsheet she created with every possible detail you could possibly want to know about Hometown Collection puzzles. Erika has been generous enough to share her spreadsheet with me so now I am in possession of a definitive list of puzzle designs and their corresponding release dates. She also made me realize that my blog is in serious need of correction.

Consequently, I will be updating my entire blog to match Erika's information. I will start with the oldest releases and work my way up to the current day. Thank you Erika, for all your hard work and sharing your collected information with your fellow puzzlers!


7 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if I already sent you this info or not, but wanted to make sure you have it for your puzzle list. Here are two Heronim puzzles put out in 1998 by Bits and Pieces. They are in large boxes, 12" X 12". They are Fox Hunt and Lighthouse Links. I can Email you pictures if you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, more Hometown Collection? Sure I would love the pictures!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are u the Erika with the list that she is referring to? If so, I would love a copy to compare with list. My e-mal is slittleton2@cox.net. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Hello Jennie- Great Page.

    My name is Joel and my wife Sheri has been on a mission to find and complete all of the Heronim Hometown puzzles. As of now we have found and finished 148 different puzzles. I was wondering if we could exchange lists and see if either of us are missing anything. Also was wondering if maybe you or one of your readers may be interested in buying any/all of the puzzles as we are running out of places to store them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I have over 150 puzzles. I am always looking for older ones that I don't have especially the ones from Bits and Pieces. I store mine in a 6-shelf bookcase from IKEA. It's like $60, but it holds quite a few. I put 6 small boxes per shelf. I also have a spreadsheet and a Word document with the pictures. I would love to share lists. My e-mail is slittleton2@cox.net.

    ReplyDelete